Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Dead and damned (part 2)

The moment I was clear of the building I no longer felt afraid. The camp was still deserted and I visited the crematorium. I felt calm and relaxed, and noticed a rest room for SS members on duty. There was a kettle and a gas cooker in the corner, which was sharing the same energy with ovens used for disposing of the bodies.
At approximately 1500 hours I decided to leave. I walked towards the entrance, and on my right was the perimeter fence with the watchtowers located in strategic positions, and a few trees close to me. On my left were the red brick buildings, where I had been about twenty minutes earlier, and the railway track was to the left of them. Just before I came to the third and last blockhouse, which I visited, I heard a humming noise. I looked up at the trees on my right expecting to see birds. The trees were barren and there were no birds. The humming got louder and louder, and when it reached a crescendo I was surrounded by about twenty or thirty men, women and children. They were well dressed, and the nearest were about two to three feet from me. They had their arms outstretched towards me and were desperately trying to say something. They wanted to give me a message or the warning, and were very close, almost touching me.
I wanted to stay, but I couldn’t stop walking, as something was moving me on. I was surrounded by these people from the moment the humming reached a peak, which lasted for the time it took to walk about one hundred and fifty feet, and as soon as the humming started to drop they disappeared. This happened near the place, where the transports came in from all over the Poland and Europe. In the second half of 1944 many of the trains were coming from Hungary. The selections were made here to check who would work and who would go up the chimney. I felt in harmony with these people, and believed they were happy and at peace. The feeling and intensity was indescribable. I felt safe and could see that they wanted to convey a message to me, but there was no sound, only a deathly silence. I didn’t stop or speak with them. I was like a robot that was being controlled by some power outside of me.
I kept this experience inside myself for almost nine years until it surfaced after a life threatening experience. Now it haunts me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home